On the sporadic nature of recent blog posts:


Who doesn’t get discouraged, or busy, or both? There’s solace in the fact that dormancy – the gathering in of energies and their conservation for an opportune moment – always breaks.





Saturday, November 19, 2011

What is WIld: Interlude

“Looking for Mushrooms at Sunrise” by W.S. Merwin




When it is not yet day

I am walking on centuries of dead chestnut leaves

In a place without grief

Though the oriole

Out of another life warns me

That I am awake



In the dark while the rain fell

The gold chanterelles pushed through a sleep that was not mine

Waking me

So that I came up the mountain to find them



Where they appear it seems I have been before

I recognize their haunts as though remembering

Another life



Where else am I walking even now

Looking for me

No comments: